Thursday, April 10, 2008

booking through thursday

I finally got to see my son's show yesterday afternoon. I tried to go on Monday, after HIGH Day and a quick lunch, but arrived only to find that the show was going to be ending ten minutes later. So, I laughed that one off (what kind of a mother am I that I don't know when the show that my son is in is on?) and tried again the following day, for the afternoon show, which was cancelled that morning. Are you kidding me? Is this some kind of conspiracy to prove I really "don't know where my children are or what they are doing?" even though we isloate insolate them at home, through homeschooling? Third time's a charm I heard, and proved to be true. The cranky ticket lady didn't allow me to attend the morning show, but did reluctantly graciously allow me the honour of seeing the second show of the day. It was most excellent and well worth the time and effort Jonam put into it. I will be sorry to leave our fabulous theatre when we leave for Papua New Guinea in July.

Sarah did this so I have to as well. (Pavlov was totally bang on).

This week's BTT says...

Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
Turn to page 123.
What is the first sentence on the page?
The last sentence on the page?
Now . . . connect them together….
(And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)

How appropriate, considering what adventure I am about to embark upon ... page 123 of Tom's Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce, the latest novel I am writing a study guide/unit study thing for. I kind of cheated in this post because the sentence sums up too much in my life right now, ironically, and made more sense to me than adding the last sentence on the page. Do forgive me.

"Tom, before, had known only the garden, and a very little beyond its limits; now, from his wall-top, he saw what seemed to be the whole world."

No comments: