Saturday, September 6, 2008
The nice thing about living in PNG is that you all are still in the wee hours of Saturday, so I can add a post that I wasn't able to get on yesterday, today. Em i swit.
You know you are a third culture kid when:
1. you consider a city 500km away to be 'very close'
2. you wince when people mispronounce foreign words
3. you bargain with the shopkeeper (though not here in PNG)
4. you sort your friends by continent
5. you speak with authority on the subject of airline travel
6. you can cut grass with a machete but can't start a lawnmower (yes, we do own a machete, as a matter of fact, along with three throwing knives. why not?)
7. you watch the latest film and miss the subtitles
8. you read National Geographic and recognise someone
9. you speak two languages but can't spell in either one
10.you have friends from or in twenty-nine different countries