Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Impressed by Impressions of Impressionism

This is one fun project that I did with a group of boys, last year, to present at an art show in our town. The first thing I had the students do was a lesson from one of my personal favorites: Drawing Textbook, by Bruce McIntyre.

It doesn’t look like much on the surface yet it packs a mighty punch of information that you and your family can use from age six to adult. You can read more about it here:

I then reviewed the Seven Laws of Perspective. This is what I taught, in a nutshell ... and you can read the rest of the article over at Heart of the Matter online









Some other related articles, by me:

Fall Into This Idea for Art, Part 1

Fall Into This Idea for Art, Part 2

Summer Art Projects

Saying Goodbye to Summer


No comments: