Monday, December 6, 2010

he that has ears, let him hear

Which of your senses means the most to you?

most definitely hearing: 'hearing' my own thoughts, reading the thoughts of others, writing, lyrics/sounds of music and the ability it has to captivate me unlike anything else ever has.
I am constantly recording bits of paragraphs and sentences that for one reason or another speak to me.  sometimes they are deep, profound words that convict me, encourage me or make me 'feel' something inside.  other times they are nonsense, totally useless fragments of ideas and I just like the rhythm or cadence of them, strung together in a row.  sometimes I just think about the way certain words roll off my tongue and, so, will stay with me for that reason alone.

I love concerts
I love the sound of a baby laughing
I love the voices that belong to my friends
I love to soak in sound, let it envelop me, invade me, surround me, move me.

I would hate to lose my sight, in actuality, more, but words ... they just 'do it' for me.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.

oh, so true.

No comments: