Wednesday, December 15, 2010

snow day number three

feeling a bit of the deja vu now.
I remember the big storm of '76
yes I do!  this doesn't feel the same, but partly because I am no longer 5 and we didn't lose power and now we have internet and dvd's, so being stranded takes on a whole new meaning.  kind of like a vacation you weren't expecting, even though you don't get the much coveted vacation pay that generally accompanies time off work.
boo for that.
this time, also, I did not have a bossy big brother telling me that "yes, kris, the schools ARE open and yes, we do have to keep walking through four feet of snow to get there or we will be marked truant and the principal will be mad and I don't care that you are tired and are crying"
or something like that

memories are tricky things

I do believe that my boys will remember this for a long time to come.  after all, we made the news on more than just a few channels.  sometimes towns with only two stop lights do that.


2 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I'm still jealous.

Anonymous said...

No way did I say that! I would never have used the word truant. E