Friday, January 14, 2011

laura

I think it is important to surround yourself with beautiful things. clearly. laura is one of those.
when I first started working at the book store I found it hard to keep everyone's names straight ... except laura's. she was instantly "lavender laura" in my head. weird. so I looked it up:

Lavender symbolizes femininity, grace and elegance.

yep, that sounds exactly right. laura is brilliant. she makes me feel empowered and confident. laura has one of the best laughs ever! it fills the room with warmth and reassuance and just plain joy. laura is cool and suave and most definitely a go-getter. this girl has so many unrealized things stuffed up her sleeves. she writes fantastic poetry, songs (has recorded a cd), plays the flute, is incredibly well-read, loves great music, is a great conversationalist and likes to drink tea and gin (but not at the same time). need I say more? talent literally oozes from her pores, but she's also humble. I like that.

Lavender is the color of equilibrium.

must be why I always feel refreshed after spending time with laura, whether working or just hanging out. she inspires me to think new thoughts, and mull over ones I thought had gone away. I never tire of her. I hope she never tires of me.

Lavender is the color of replenishing and rebuilding.

laura has an amazing future ahead of her; I can feel it in my bones.

whatever it is that you are dreaming up, laura, go for it ... as much as possible, I'll have your back.

No comments: