first off, let me say I would want to clarify which island I would like to be stranded on, except I have only ever been to a few, and only one was tropical. I would NOT care to be stranded on the island I read about in Life of Pi. No sir. gross people-eating trees.
and I would NOT like to be stranded on an island with malaria because my house building skills are severely lacking and I would not be able to tolerate the high doses of medication needed to combat said malaria, either.
so, assuming I am only stranded on a desert island because I chose to be ( for, like, maybe two days ) I would conveniently have, in my pockets, the following:
- a fully charged, long lasting ipod with only good music that I like on it
- a pack of Fun Dip ... it would have apple, orange and grape and only one lick stick that would not break
- a full water bottle
- a postcard with a great print on it that I could look at over and over and not grow bored of
- a copy of a book that would pierce my soul upon reading it
- a photo album with a supurb picture of every person I love in it
- a papermate 0.7 lead refillable pencil ( the design on the outside can not be ugly )
- a brown, leather-bound book of blank, handmade paper
- a packet of lemonade crystals