Monday, August 8, 2011

just the facts, please

do you always tell the truth?

today's prompt is loaded. while i would love to answer with a resounding yes, yes, of course i always tell the truth, that would, in itself, be a lie. i don't know if people are capable of always doing things perfectly or ideally, but i do know that i strive to be as honest as possible in every situation and most definitely seek to be true to myself.

i have always told my friends that i would rather they be honest with me and risk making me feel embarrassed or hurt than let me keep doing stupid things. so far i have had very few take up the challenge. i understand.

i have often been called prickly.
i think another adjective could be brutally honest.
sometimes the truth hurts.

telling the truth isn't all it's cracked up to be.

1 comment:

mridul said...

Right said!....a truth carries no baggage, I have always felt, once a truth has been uttered, it sets you free from the shackles of remembering your lie...