Friday, September 2, 2011

back to school

it's that time of year again, the time i most often associate with new beginnings and fresh starts, way more than new year's day. i used to love the first few days of school.
i especially loved back to school shopping, even for things like paper and pencils and binders. we used to hit crappy tire with all the money my parents had kept aside and get a lot of the stuff my kids now get at staples or target.

but it never took long for kids to wreck my stuff, writing on my "big eraser", borrowing my favourite pencil and forgetting to return it, you know. i'm sure it happened to you, too.

not that it really mattered.
for as much as i used to love the beginning of school, i was totally into throwing away every scrap of work i could the minute the end of the year arrived, and with every bit of enthusiasm as i began with.

school
still a perennial favourite.

No comments: