Friday, September 9, 2011

return to that time

If you could return to a place you once lived, where would you go?

I am so enamoured with the forward thrust of life in many ways. I think that I often joke about wanting to be 20 again, but only to relive certain parts. I don't really want to be in that skin twice.
I have learned so much about myself and met so many amazing people, travelled, read, written, drafted and filed away far too much to ever want to go back and do things over again.
I used to sit and daydream about making better or different choices, going back, knowing what I know now, but I have decided it's fruitless.

I made the decisions I made and they made me who I am now.
You can't just go back and choose only the good parts. If I were to return, I'd have to go through all the really shitty parts, too.

and that's just not something I want to think too hard about.

life is good.
life is short.
life is full.

cease it.



1 comment:

The dB family said...

Totally agree!!

Hugs!
Deborah