Wednesday, September 20, 2006

too warm for a fire ... yet

Since someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ( ok ... me ) I decided that the best thing to do was to walk AWAY from the schoolwork and go apple picking.

Completely logical.

We had a great time showing our Korean exchange student what yellow jackets look like and how to pick but not get stung. It was also an excellent way to show the boys what a bushel really is. We took pics in the display area that was stacked with haybales. I managed to get my new sweater covered with hay but still had a great time.

Son#1 got an " almost " black eye because as I was walking back to the car with everyone else, he decided to get one last look at said hay bale area and stood up on the tallest stack and didn't look where he was going and found himself smack dab in the way of one of the steel beams which forms the frame for the afformentioned hay bale area and an I could have told you that would happen was completely unnecessary.

We are also studying the difference between run-on sentences and those which people actually like reading.