Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Throwback

          I almost couldn't post for lack of inspiration in the title area ... this is the hardest part of being an almost artist, too.  I can finish an altered book or pull a perfect print but think of a title for the piece?  My brother emailed me just yesterday asking for the title of one of my books so he can play around with some backgrounds for the best presentation photos.  Needless to say, I am stumped.  Maybe if I ignore his email for long enough he will simply title it for me (or maybe untitled sounds more professional).

So, last Thursday we tooled around Maryville (Marahvull) scoping out all the thrift stores.  I am queen of thrift shopping (been doing it all my life) but sadly found nothing.  Oh, that is actually a lie (ok, Sarah).  I did find a pair of American Eagle jeans that I was going to cut off so I could look as cool as smallworld, except they were size 0.  Size 0?  Are you kidding me?  Who is size 0?  I don't want to know.  I would also like to take this time to mention that I completely forgot that I had decided to blog, with pictures, each day of our East TN trip ... until this morning.  Oh well.  Neal did a great job highlighting.

In the afternoon, we went to the blogger's picnic that Sarah lovingly organized.  My blogger friend's list has gotten considerably longer since meeting all the cool homeschoolers that attended.   I really wish that I could say everyone here is so anxious to get together.

Here I am convincing JenIG and Weesma to move to Petrolia.  I am pretty sure that they are going to.  I am looking slouchy (as usual) but having a good hair day (unlike some people I know and live with)

I know we didn't go to McKay's on thursday, but seriously ... who wouldn't want to spend as much time as possible here?  Especially if there was to be found, among some seriously great, thrifty prices, an adorable blonde in the aisle?

           I remember very clearly the day I met the first of our local homeschoolers.  We had just moved into a 800 sq.ft. townhouse in the middle of nowhere and I had allowed my boys to run down the road a piece to play in the park while I made lunch.  In no time they came flying back into the house yelling "homeschoolers ... homeschoolers ... a bunch of kids are running around shooting each other with homemade squirt guns ... in the middle of the day ... they must be homeschoolers!"  So I gathered up my courage and went to see for myself.  I met two great Mom's and all their kids that day, and subsequently got invited to join their group (which I am going to co-direct this fall with my bestsister, though somewhat reluctantly).  This all sounds fantastic, but you need to understand that the day in question was touted as "Lambton area homeschool picnic day" and out of approx. 76 families who homeschool in this area, only these two moms bothered to show ... and they are the directors for the group.  Sad.  Homeschooling in this area is a lonely road to take

and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  but I just might need to travel to TN every once in a while.

No comments: