Monday, March 17, 2008

HIGH Day

we started out last session of HIGH Day. I am amazed at the selection of classes offered this term. Jonam is in the movie class, which covers all three classes for him. they are finishing their script, polishing and soon will be filming their masterpiece.

Evan starts the morning out, bright and early at 9am (yes ... that truly is early to me) with fetal pig dissection, moves on to cooking class (seriously. and YES we watch them wash their hands) and ends the morning with a survival class. today the survival kids made a fire in a snowbank. cool. I forgot how much formaldehyde stinks until the pigs got taken out of their bags ... phew! that took me back a few years, for sure.

we began the passport process, which is going to be a load off our minds since it will be mandatory to have them by june this year if we ever want to go see our tennessee friends or even go fill up with gas (cheaper in the u.s.of a usually) or eat at my favourite ... cracker barrel.

things are shaping up nicely. if only I could fit in more teatimes ...