Tuesday, April 22, 2008

shakespeare on tuesday

Well, I certainly hope this post makes it it. It has been incredibly frustrating to have things to write but, seemingly, no venue upon which to post. Today, however, is beautiful in temperature, with the buds on all trees ever-increasing in size and colour. I cannot wait to smell the lilacs and watch the maple leaves unfurl in our yard, especially since I shall say goodbye to my growing garden all too soon. I love gardening and all that spring promises to reveal, slowly but surely. I will miss having a space that is truly my own; you just cannot claim the same things when your house is borrowed. I know I will have those feelings and the twinges of "I am not so sure I want to do this and all it entails" that come creeping in when I am tired and things are at a bit of a standstill. I know it is all par for the course, so I plug away. We are attempting to finish up all our lessons by the end of May so the boys can have some time off before they start at Malango School August 6. It will be such a change, and yet, at the same time, not so much. From the sounds of things, it will be like having co-op every day instead of just on Monday. That thought appeals to me in a myriad of ways. I will be tired, yes, but that healthy, "I just made the right choice and did something really good for all of us" way.

Today we finished reading through Lamb's Tales of Shakespeare. Well, sort of. I got part way through Othello and the boys both sheepishly told me they were "done." It's all good. Not everyone is as addicted to the Bard as I. If I had done my Master's it was going to be about Shakespeare. I never decided what about, exactly, just about whom. Maybe one day ... if I think I really need a Master's, I will re-visit the idea. For now, I am happy to have introduced him to my boys and that they truly appreciate him as a play-write. Their favourites include A Midsummer Night's Dream, Macbeth, Hamlet, Twelfth Night. I cannot blame them one bit. They chose some of my personal favourites, too. Good genes.