Tuesday, June 24, 2008

you don't deserve it

but that's ok ... neither do we.

This week we are in training at New Tribes Mission of Canada headquarters and the boys are resting at Grandpa and Grandma`s. We managed to move our possessions to Neal`s parent`s place, finishing on Sunday afternoon. Now all we have to do is go through all the stuff we already knew we had too much of and pare it down to the bare minimum so it doesn`t drive us crazy thinking about it all while we are gone.
The headquarters is beautiful and the weather is lovely. It helps to put things into perspective while we are here. I wonder what the future holds ...

Some food for thought from today`s training:

are you self-focused or God-focused

do you live with perpetual guilt cycles (if you look at what others are doing, there is always something else to add to your own list of to-do`s or to-be`s)

Do I think I am bound by the Law
Does God expect me to keep the Law
Will God like me better if I keep the Law

The Law was the reference point for the Old Testament, but our reference point is now the Holy Spirit. I no longer ask if God will be pleased with me and my actions, but what does God want me to do. The Christian life is not a stop sign, but a yield to the Holy Spirit. One of God`s purposes is to move us from self-focused to God-focused as we walk things out here on earth.

undeserved grace.

there is no such thing as not deserving undeserved grace.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

"do you live with perpetual guilt cycles (if you look at what others are doing, there is always something else to add to your own list of to-do`s or to-be`s)"

Geez...do you ever feel like God is trying to (ever-so-gently) hit you over the head with something? I'm hearing this everywhere I turn this week!

Hope you guys are having fun!