Monday, June 16, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... Monday, June 16

Outside My Window... there are sounds of birds, lawnmower and many vehicles. I know that it is summer soon and it is wonderful to finally be able to open the door and leave it open, soaking in the sounds of a country I am soon leaving.

I am thinking... that it will be so different in Papua New Guinea and I cannot even begin to superimpose the sights, sounds or smells onto my small town, South-western Ontario brain.

I am thankful for... provision

From the kitchen... only one cat is still sitting on the windowsill now. The other gave up her request for early lunch. The sunlight streams through the many slats of the antique wooden shutters that encompass each of the six, extra large windows. I will miss that sight.

I am wearing... a butter-cream t-shirt with embroidered flowers, saying "love is in the air" and a long pale blue skirt. I am getting used to wearing only skirts and am finding myself feeling very feminine as a result.

I am creating...well, hopefully, a legacy.

I am going
... to the dentist at three, unless I can figure out a way to dodge the inevitable. I know, I know ... very childish. well, my age does have a "3" in it.

I am reading... absolutely nothing because the library was closed after church and the one in town is decidedly out of what I have written on my list of reads and I find that very disturbing.

I am hoping... to pack my entire house this week AND find places to store it, to boot.

I am hearing
... the lawnmower that I first wrote was a pleasing sound and is now distracting and others have now joined in the fray. Yes. I *AM* that fickle.

Around the house
... too many things to pack. WAY too many. Who bought all these things, anyway?

One of my favorite things
... the chocolate milk I drank at breakfast this morning. This was an attempt to console myself for the obvious lack of accoutrements for my toast, as well as the knowledge that it makes NO sense to go and buy condiments the week before you move, especially since we will have to share an already over-stuffed frige.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I am slowly going crazy, one, two, three, four, five, six ... switch

Here is picture thought I am sharing
...  I have no idea how my two "toddlers still in my mind" became just about twelve and thirteen.

3 comments:

Fabricated Goddess said...

Hey, is it a rule that you can ONLY wear skirts in PNG?

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I know this isn't surprising, given that we're soulmates, but I saw this daybook on someone's blog last week and bookmarked it, thinking, "What a cool idea! I'm going to do this!"

Anonymous said...

Now that is how I first remember your boys: little people with pudgy faces and hair I could ruffle. Little men who could sit on my lap and look at a book. There were a few great things about being the Chiropractic Assistant: the 4 of you would be the highlight. Who knew they'd become these young men who can make fake wasp nests to keep my girls safe and tell me all about the battle of....huh? where so many men defeated the king of ...where? and Xerxes, of course you can read about him in the Bible....

yes, I used to feel smarter than them... I knew this day would come, but already?