Thursday, July 8, 2010

favourite summer reads

Here are some of the reads I did read in previous heat waves, and they made things much, much "cooler":

The Heroines by Eileen Favourite

The Incident Report by Martha Baille (favourite by far)

Godmother The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon

The Spare Room by Helen Garner

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

I wish I had written reviews of each, now, but let's face it ... it was summer.

THIS summer, I have a whole new collection to read either loaned or recomended to me. Here are the first five:

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

Birth House by Amy McKay

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

Far to Go by Alison Pick (advanced reading copy)

Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent

assorted school texts for my next stint at school, the last week of August, after which I will likely only be able to handle Go Dog Go by Dr. Suess.

go dog go dr seuss Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Tricia said...

The poisionwood Bible is soo good!!! I had to read it for English last year and it was the best book I've ever been forced to read