Thursday, December 30, 2010

goodbye tree

this Christmas is going down in the records as one of the best in my memory.  I cannot even really say why, in particular.  maybe it was just cool to see it through the eyes of my teenagers.  they are starting to appreciate my traditions and the quirky ways we celebrate.  this year, for example, I decided to literally put every single ornament I own on my tree, regardless of colour. 
pure awesomeness.
it was exactly what I wanted.
the boys didn't have a lot of "wants" and that helped, too.
we were all just content to hang out with each other, with friends, eat much and work little.  I loved every second of it.

I will admit, though, that I am sick of hearing the cats drinking out of the water bowl meant for the tree.  gross.

so, goodbye tree ... hello new spot for my favourite blue chair.


No comments: