Monday, January 10, 2011

lindsay

let me start, first, by saying that mondays are always a bit weird for me. I am, no doubt, not going to articulate this is a way that anyone will grasp, but I must attempt it. it's my nature.
mondays always leave me feeling like I have to somehow reconfigure everything. there is never enough time on a monday. my thoughts start flowing in such random disarray I often experience a general malaise of sorts on mondays. it's a very good thing that I have clients in the afternoon and evening because I love working with kids. kids ground me. so does this girl, even though we barely ever get to spend time together.


how do I love thee? let me count the ways.

lindsay is crazy talented. I mean CRAZY. she paints, she writes, she sings, she plays guitar and piano (don't discount this, lindsay). she sketches, she designs tattoos, she creates masterpieces with her hands out of hair, faces and bodies. the ideas that come out of her head blow my mind. I can only imagine what she keeps locked inside.

I have never known someone to literally wring out every second of a day like she does, but she'd be the last one to admit when she's exhausted.
you don't simply "know" someone like lindsay; you breathe her in. lindsay is an experience.
you don't meet lindsay once then walk away, forgetting.
lindsay is part of my soul. I believe one should be careful who they allow into that part of their life, but I have never regretted her.
I met her at the theatre. she did my hair and makeup. I watched her silently for a while but couldn't escape the pull she had in my life. I had an undeniable desire to become friends with her (as happens with a lot of people in my life. there are just some people in this world that I would be incomplete without and I cannot explain it). turns out she was cool with that.
I have known her over half a decade, but I have yet to share the stage with her. someday.
for now, I get to share in her happiness at having opened her own salon, released her first full cd and married an amazing man ... all in one year.
lindsay is beautiful both inside and out. she will go to the ends of the earth for you if what you need is something she can provide.
she is deep and wise and exotic and loyal.
people like lindsay have the ability to move mountains.
I absolutely cannot wait to see what the new year holds for this most rooted bohemian.
no matter where my gypsy heart takes me, I will always be here for you

No comments: