Friday, April 8, 2011

weekend

I love love love the weekend.  it's kinda sad, maybe.  the week is just "ok", even though I love my job.  when I wake up and realise it's friday, I usually get a little giddy.  doesn't take much, really.

I love fridays because we often get to spend them with an amazing couple we have come to love over this last year.  the boys go do their thing at youth and we spend a bunch of hours talking, laughing, eating and just generally hanging out.  it's nice when it happens since it means we don't have to drive the boys to youth, drive back home, drive to get the boys, then drive back home again.  not that we mind, but, honestly?  these friends of ours have the comfiest couches, the most relaxed atmosphere and the bestest dogs on the planet, in my humble opinion.

I love sundays because I finally love going to church again.  oooo ... scary stuff kids!  I don't have a problem admitting that.  I have believed in God for a very very long time and accepted Christ as my Saviour when I was eight, so it isn't a sudden decision of mine to try to find a church to go to.  I've been going my whole entire life.  heck, I played baby Jesus in the christmas production when I was only a month old!  but it's been a long, hard road finding a church that worked for every one of us in this wee family and not something I felt like rushing into.  the problem with most churches is that they are full of people, me included.  I remember, as a child, singing  I am the church, you are the church, we are the church together ... it's a bit of a conundrum.

this week, though, the piece de resistance will be at the crofoot, in pontiac, when I get to see the civil wars again.  I truly hope that girl who outsang joy will choose not to come this time.  she didn't take too kindly to my asking her to stop.



No comments: