Wednesday, May 25, 2011

maybe you should read it

What was the last really great book you read?

I am almost ashamed to admit that I only now read The Help. I knew I wanted to read it, but wanting to and actually doing it are two very different things.
The book was amazing, fantastic and one that I immediately loaned out to a good friend.
As a matter of fact, this book became a good friend while I was reading it.

Set in Mississippi, in 1962, Skeeter, the white daughter of a plantation owner, finds herself captivated by a story that was never told; one that could very well bring death to any that help in the telling. Aibileen and Minny, two black maids, eventually agree to lend Skeeter their lives so the tales that must be told are written and published for the town and possibly the whole world to see.

Sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
Sometimes it takes more courage that you think is possible.
and, sometimes, risking it all changes things.


No comments: