Monday, November 7, 2011

almost there

i'm not attempting to squeeze in "40 things to do before 40" or any kind of bucket list here (i only think i know what that is.  haven't seen the movie, or read the book, whatever format it comes in) but i am getting comfortable in my own skin, finally.

i've been finding opportunities to express myself in ways i was never able to before moving here

and i'm listening to the nudging that, oddly enough, comes from inside my own noggin.
sometimes it seeps out, warmly and pleasantly, from the throat of a trusted friend.

it often sounds something like i no longer feel compelled to apologize for who i am and what i choose to do with my life, especially when those things are such a part of me that at this stage of the game, they can no longer be ignored.  and i am not interested in changing those things that might make you squirm, or question or even prod you to sit me down so you can have a "chat" with me.

nope.

i definitely wasn't raised that way.  i know where i come from and who made me and this is all part of it.

this is my life.
this is me exhaling.


No comments: