Tuesday, November 28, 2006

cumulus


not sure why, but cumulus clouds evade me. they are the puffy, fluffy kind that look like piles of soft cotton...and where they live, it is always sunny.

Hmmm. I am not always sunny. In fact, last night I was told I was sarcastic, with a dry sense of humour. It kind of stung. That makes me sound more like a cirrus cloud...comprised of ice crystals...curled lips of criticism. truth hurts.

Yesterday was one of "those" days. The kind where the sharpness of my tounge sliced the bluest of skies and, in true cumulonimbus fashion, thundered down upon my umbrella-less children until they were, themselves, raining a torrent of tears.

the type of day that leaves me in a puddle of self-pity and regret.

Cumulus clouds like to constantly change their shape. Sounds familiar.

they aren't that far from the ground, either ... personality application, anyone?

Today, I called my husband for homeschool help. He suggested I start over...from the beginning...and while it was hard, I think I reclaimed some serious ground.

Clouds aren't always ready to drop rain...sometimes it's cleansing snow.