Monday, December 18, 2006

lapbooking

This week, as things are winding down for school, we are attempting to complete a lapbook that I purchased at www.homeschoolbuy.com

I am completely impressed...except that Pocahantas did not live in a teepee...none of the Powhatan Indians did actually, though the booklet for her is in the shape of a teepee. Gotta love very observant homeschooled children, eh? The lapbook I purchased is from www.knowledgeboxcentral.com

Well, Pollyanna is over and I am trying to get back into the swing of regular life here, until the auditions next month for our next play! Even my oldest will be auditioning for the young company tonight, for a play called the Phoenix Egg. I am so thankful that we homeschool, for it allows us the luxury of sleeping in if need be, and it also allows us to appreciate our time together each and every day...so night time rehearsals are not a real kink in our family time at all. I love putting the home in school!

Our local newspaper not only ran a featured article on the three Redick sisters in our play, but came to view it also, publishing a second article, a review. This was such great publicity not only for Pollyanna , but also, most importantly, for homeschoolers in general. These young women are happy glad to be home-educated, clearly exhibiting love in their interactions with each other and the cast and crew as a whole.

I am ever so glad to be back at home today, and readying the house for Christmas ... and enjoying the remembrances of the day I was married ... 13 wonder-filled years ago today.

I love you, Neal ... you make me the gladdest. happy anniversary.