Thursday, July 17, 2008

thought I had already blogged

I guess when you are as preoccupied as I am you begin to dream things but don't make them realities. This too shall pass.

Tomorrow is the beginning of our travels across the world. We drive to Michigan to stay in a hotel overnight then commence our flying in the morning, when Evan is no longer eleven but a huge TWELVE! We hope whatever meager party we can throw him in the hotel room suffices. I have a hunch that it will.

We are going to experience Chicago, Japan, Singapore and finally Papua New Guinea over a number of days. Glad to be breaking up the trip with a few layovers and hoping the boys love flying. It's been quite a while for me and some years for Neal. The on board movies look alright and we will be served a few meals in the air. I trust all will go well and know that God is with us. We are also really hoping our guitars make it ok as this will be a nagging thought all the while that we travel.

How vain it sounds to write that, but if you write, play and sing like we do, then you'll understand.

8 comments:

Fabricated Goddess said...

Godspeed to you and your guitars, sweet sister. I'm so excited for you that I think I might bust!

Can't wait to hear of your safe and sound arrival in PNG. Know that prayers are accompanying you as you go. And remember VANCOUVER, Honolulu, Japan, Singapore, PNG next time. Okay?

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I really really really know that I am supposed to be excited for you and I AM, but, oh, I can't help but be a little weepy.

Barbara said...

Chris said "It's all about trust and rest"...

Hasn't it always been? He is good. He is being Good. He will always be good.

Now if I could just get the perpetual knot out of my stomach...I will miss you, but will also look radically forward to seeing what the Lord shows you and how He uses you in another part of His world. xoxoxoxox

Lauren said...

Wow...you guys are on your way! Prayers for you all. (And your guitars!)

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the adventure of new places on the way there! Blessings to you all.

Barbara said...

just wishing and wishing to know exactly where you are at this exact moment. I keep thinking "Now they're over an ocean" "now they're in the airport" "now they are still in the airport"....

Oh to be a fly on your carry on.

Unknown said...

WOW... I am just so thrilled for you guys. Can't wait to get the pictures and stories of your time there! Lots of prayers going up for you and thoughts... I miss you too! Not as much as some friends, because we're just new friends, but I miss you regardless!

Chris said...

Re: Blogging research follow-up

Thank you for your responses to these questions.

I'd like to review these responses, and your earlier responses to the initial questionnaire, in a 30-45 minute online chat via IM (google chat, AIM, yahoo IM).

I'd like to chat with you specifically to explore issues raised by your responses in more depth in order to make sure I understand you as best as I can.

Would you be available for a 30-45 minute online chat today (Sunday), this coming Tuesday morning, or Wednesday or Thursday at any time? Or could we try scheduling after next week?

Thanks again.

--cbelz