Monday, October 20, 2008

the simple woman's daybook


FOR TODAY... Monday, October 20

Outside My Window... the sounds of crickets and palm branches blowing in the slight breeze

I am thinking... that prayer is amazing

I am thankful for... my husband. he has to put up with a lot.

From the kitchen... a crock pot with sweet and sour chicken inside. I hope it isn't too tough.

I am wearing... a light brown reebok ringer tee and a brown skirt that smells like mildew.

I am creating... a letter to the parents of my high school students.

I am going... to try to pass check one, language, on thursday

I am reading... a time to pray by evelyn christenson
and old issues of today's creative homearts. they are truly terrible but I am desperate

I am hoping... to finish strong

I am hearing... some co-workers in the pool

Around the house... many geckos. kind of weird.

One of my favorite things... cupcakes and icing and anything mexican

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: getting well. passing check 1

Here is picture thought I am sharing

3 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

"a letter to the parents of my high school students." Uh-oh?

Barbara said...

could your eyes be any more blue? And tell Neal he looks kind of ...what is the word... free.

Vanessa said...

Hi,
I have stopped by here a few times but this may be the first itme I commented. Anyway I saw one of your posts about your boys perhaps not liking hs and you do. I wanted to drop you a line to tell you that um my 3 boys are the same way. Most days I feel like a referree. you are right in that I too don't hear of this in hs circles. So in honor of your sharing this and my having similar umm issues I am going to do a post on this as well. Mabey we will find we are not as alone as we think we are.
Vanessa