Tuesday, December 9, 2008

tuesday timetable


oh my word. what a week.

my husband has spent the last three days in town trying to re-book some airline tickets that were mysteriously cancelled on us this past Friday.
Going to town is not cheap (read: fifty U.S. dollars a trip), so he will often kalup long pmv and ride to and from. Today was special. He got to cram into a van along with 20 other people (no, I am not kidding). The van has seats for 15.
This IS Papua.
One of the passengers was so drunk, he slept on Neal's shoulder ... isn't Neal hospitable? I always knew I married well.

Tomorrow, Neal gets to repeat the whole process for the fourth day in a row. Isn't he keen? I mean, who wouldn't like to drive or ride for an hour, one way, only to sit down in a plastic chair, waiting, waiting, waiting ... maybe going outside to buy a skolop, then going back inside only to be told "tomorrow I promise ..."

The other day, at the market, Neal and Gabby found the most appropriate shirt:

Kimbe. Land of no return.
slightly humerous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy moly! you've been on my mind all week. praying for you my friend!
love you, jen

Anonymous said...

"Oh my word!" Tasol :-(

halfpint said...

I can relate. When I went to Tanzania,Africa we crammed into a bus with WAAAAAAAAY Too many people. I must say that Neal is 'fortunate' to be exposed to the open air instead of trapped in a vehicle with little windows and a roof :) Hope he doesn't have to go too many more times. What a wonderful exercise in patience!

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,