Tuesday, November 23, 2010

on my walls

What's on your wall: prints, posters, photos, paintings? What makes you want to hang something up?
For me, it's all about impulse.  If I like it, and I think I have to have it, (and I can afford it), I'll buy it and then figure out where in the world to hang it.  I have also purchased things I probably couldn't afford but knew I also could not live without.  It always works out in the end.

Most of the art in our home is stuff we have made ourselves: 
watercolours, charcoals, acrylics and linoprints, still life, landscapes, figure drawings and ttv photography.
oh, and the odd band poster because music and art go together like gin and good memories.

I really believe that if life had to be lived without art, I would choose to never leave my house.


No comments: