Thursday, March 31, 2011

march

march, as a month, was, in a word, muddy.
I did a lot of inhaling this month; taking things in and mulling them over but not necessarily doing anything about them.
I didn't feel terribly creative this month, which disappointed me.  over and over I lamented about my life and its mundane-ness.  I am a person who craves activity (and simultaneously complains about how fried I end up feeling because I am too busy).  I go in spurts.  for a while I will literally be going from one event to the other with no time for overlap and then, suddenly, I will claim exile and retreat into my shell for a bit, rethinking my methods of execution.  I know we all get the same 24 hours, technically.  sometimes I just don't manage mine well.
no surprise.
if my life were a dog breed, I'd definitely come out with heinz 57. 
I wanted to settle on some things, though, so I have been quietly working it out, observing and taking notes along the way.  I'm trying to absorb the truth that I have a pretty good gig here during the day.  I work, yes, and I love it, but not so much that I can't take the time to pursue other artistic interests. 

april is my month to exhale.
slowly
confidently

No comments: