Wednesday, May 11, 2011

if only

yesterday was a write-off for many reasons.
I wanted to blog, but the thoughts that surfaced I didn't feel like I had the right to print. life is like that sometimes.
so, yesterday, I took a day to keep my thoughts to myself.

I often have blog posts in my head that I know I will never publish. sometimes it's because I imagine a particular person's response,
other times it's because I believe that someone's opinion of me will change (though I personally do not think it ought to).

some things are better left unsaid.

yesterday I figured that if I did write what I was thinking, there would be some judging and I just didn't feel up to it. I am not an apologist. I am not a theologian. I am just a girl who got a little side-swiped when she heard that a good friend's brother is no longer. he was only 37. such tragedy.

I wanted to write an ode, a memory ... something, only I never knew this man personally. but I love some that he also loved and, so, for them, I hurt.

life can be so terribly short.
maybe I should have printed the words in my heart ... if only I did endings

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Ooooh. So sad! I hate how terribly short life can be sometimes -- and the shock for those of us left behind.

Hugs!!
Deborah