Monday, May 9, 2011

maybe ending

How do you feel about endings?

endings suck.

who wants a favourite book to end? or a flavourful meal? or an awe-inspiring concert?
not me.

sometimes i get overwhelmed by endings before they even arrive. i am working on that ... on enjoying those last few days, hours, minutes before a vacation is done. trying to savour that last morsel of food as nourishment for both body and soul instead of looking at an empty plate and being disappointed.

being thankful in the moment for the moment.

i remember my brother helping me with this very concept a long time ago when i was working helping out at a camp in new york state. the summer had come to an end and it was time to return to canada and experience my first year of university. i no longer remember the exact circumstances surrounding my need to make a decision (do i stay or do i go) but he wisely counselled me to leave while i only had good feelings about the whole thing; not to wait to possibly find that bitter taste in my mouth.

that advice has served me well many times over where endings are concerned.
i hate endings.
i do not "do" endings well
yet everything must eventually come to an end.
and like i quoted before

every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end


No comments: